Most of us think web designing to be just a procedure that involves slapping together texts, colors and elements that look good together. However, web designing comprises of different skills that are useful in the creation and development of websites. It includes different aspects such as web graphic design, user experience design, search optimization, etc. If you want to go beyond such conventional methods of making the website just look attractive, it is important not to follow the below mentioned mistakes, as mentioned by the top web design companies.
Design Too Flashy And Loud
- Some websites appear too flashy and the moment you open them, they barrage you with every single element in it. According to the top web design companies, the website should focus on its content more than its appearance.
- The basic fact is that the website should feel good, rather than look good.
Design Too Confusing
- The website should be user-friendly i.e. it should not confuse the people. When we check a website, we would be happy if we are able to understand clearly the things mentioned there. Otherwise, most of us would feel like clicking the back button in less than 10 seconds.
- It is obvious that people need a reason to stay on your website; otherwise, they would think they are just wasting their time on it.
Not Paying Attention To Content
- As mentioned earlier, the focus should be on including content in the website rather than making it attractive.
- As stated by the top web design companies, even if you have the worst design on the planet, but have good content, there are chances that people would flock to your website.
Not Meeting Your Customers Needs
- It is true that a website is an awesome way to promote your business and is often seen as a product of a marketing strategy. However, in most cases, this marketing strategy itself becomes responsible for keeping the customers away from your website.
- This is also an important aspect in creating good websites, as many web designers still think it is cool to use grey text over white backgrounds. If you look at the websites developed by the top web design companies, it is clear that a stark design is always appreciated.
- It is always better to focus on content than fill your website with loads of design elements.
This is some of what you should keep in mind while setting up a website for yourself or for a client. What’s on the site matters more per se than how it looks.